To help support this nationwide effort, visit the Stop the Abortion Mandate website here.
From the website:
Some Quick Talking Points on the Current Healthcare Legislation
- Piecemeal implementation of the Freedom of Choice Act through healthcare legislation amounts to every American being forced to fund abortions, a mandate that every insurance plan cover abortion, and an increase in abortion clinics across the country.
- If the the new healthcare law does not clearly state that abortion is excluded, abortion automatically becomes a minimum required benefit for all public and private healthcare plans. Specific language must be written into the healthcare bill that excludes taxpayer funds from paying for abortions.
- Abortion is not healthcare, as the pro-abortion organizations would like Americans to believe, and it should not be mandated under any health insurance plan, especially one that Americans will be forced to subsidize.
- If unamended the Obama healthcare restructuring bill will be the most massive abortion expansion since Roe v. Wade.
- Empirical data shows that when abortion is a covered service, there are more abortions.